Barefoot Cay Resort, Roatan, Honduras
The pace is unhurried... The beaches white... The water azure blue.
Barefoot Cay Resort creates a feeling of calm and closeness with nature to a level few have experienced. Our small, boutique resort on the south shore of Roatan offers just 12 luxury accommodations in a private setting with excellent service and modern amenities. Resort facilities include a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, Barefoot Divers, spa services, poolside restaurant, beach and palapa.
The resort has been designed with eco-awareness in mind, from our rain water collection system and solar water heaters to purifying all our water supply in order to reduce plastic use.
RESORT - Visit the Barefoot Cay website: www.BarefootCay.com
Actions taken to promote environmental or social sustainability
GIVING BACK TO OUR ENVIRONMENT
Barefoot Cay was awarded platinum ranking for TripAdvisor’s Green Leaders. It’s a recognition that we’re very proud of, as we are striving to reduce our environmental footprint in all areas of our business. From the start of building Barefoot Cay, there have been choices made with this goal in mind.
Our eco-initiatives include:
• water purification system throughout the resort, eliminating the need for plastic drinking bottles
• solar panels for our well pump and water heaters
• rainwater collection, supplemented by well water (fed by solar powered pump)
• energy efficient air conditioning units throughout the resort
• energy efficient pool pump
• recycling of plastics and metals
• separating food waste in order to compost most organic materials
• using rechargeable batteries for most remotes and devices throughout the resort
• assisting in island-wide beach clean-ups
• obtaining environmental license
• bi-annual community works such as tree planting and construction of trash receptacles around the island
GIVING BACK TO OUR OCEAN
The beautiful coral reef and marine life are major attractions to Roatan, and need to be properly protected and cared for. Our resort and dive shop participate in several ways to assist in this:
• PADI Aware underwater clean-ups
• Bay Islands Coastal clean-ups
• reef propagation project at our house reef
• mangrove reforestation project at the East end of the Cay
• platinum supporter of the Roatan Marine Park
• Green Divemaster program to mentor future dive professionals in putting conservation first
• Hosting lionfish derbies, as well as regular lionfish hunts to help control the population of this invasive species
GIVING BACK TO OUR COMMUNITY
For the owners and for a few of our staff, Roatan has been adopted as our home, and we are thankful to live in such a supportive, welcoming community. As a developing country, there are many areas that need help, and non-profits that are working towards improving healthcare, education, security and environment. Organizations that receive support from Barefoot Cay include:
• Clinica Esperanza: this non-profit health care clinic provides inexpensive medical and dental care to those in need. We support the clinic through financial donations, in-kind donations for fundraising auction events, and by encouraging guests to bring medical supplies or leaving a financial donation
• PIER (Partners in Education Roatan): this organization provides supplies for public school children, has a book-mobile, e-learning center and library for island youth. We support PIER through financial and in-kind donations, as well as encouraging guests to bring school supplies or to leave a financial donation
• Rotary Club: The Roatan branch of the international Rotary Club selects various projects to support, such as installing bathrooms in public schools. We support the Rotary Club through financial and in-kind donations for their fundraising events throughout the year
• Roatan Because We Care: An annual food drive is organized at Christmas by Roatan Because We Care, and our resort encourages our staff to donate by matching all funds donated by employees
Specialities and Highlights
All of our rates include luxury accommodations, airport transfers, daily housekeeping service, use of all the facilities and amenities on the resort, including use of kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkel gear, and all the pampering that Barefoot Cay is famous for. Our inclusive meal packages also include 3 gourmet meals daily (with choice of iced tea, lemonade, coffee, tea, and water at meal times – bottled drinks and alcohol cost extra). Our inclusive dive packages include diving with our onsite 5-Star PADI dive center, Barefoot Divers.
8:00am - 4:30pm
Price Style for this Establishment
To see our rates and availability, please select “Book Now!”, and enter the dates desired. If you would like to proceed with a reservation after checking availability and rates, an option will be given for this. You can choose to reserve accommodations only or enjoy an all-inclusive package that includes meals or diving – or both!