Amavi Charters is a boutique catamaran sailing and snorkeling charter business operating on Roatan. Discover the world's 2nd largest barrier reef aboard Raya Aguila, our comfortable and spacious 40 foot Fountaine Pajot Catamaran. We break away from the crowds to explore the pristine reefs and warm turquoise waters of Roatan's more secluded snorkel sites. From family-friendly day trips to romantic sunset sails and adventurous overnight escapes, AMAVI has you covered.
Our boutique approach to day sailing ensures that our charter groups will be small, the service will be personalized and you will have room to breathe. Sit back, relax, and let our experienced captain and crew treat you to an unforgettable day at sea!
On AMAVI Charters we are passionate about two things - sailing and living life to the fullest! Rest assured, when under sail with us, you'll enjoy freshly prepared gourmet cuisine, signature cocktails, unlimited cold beverages and exceptional snorkel sites - an all-inclusive retreat!
Do what you love, and do it with love. The name says it all! "Vini, vidi, amavi." I came, I saw, I loved.
We at Amavi are honored (and elated!) to help you create sunny, happy memories with the ones you love, and in doing so, to play a small part in your journey, as you will in ours. One life to live, let's make it count!
Actions taken to promote environmental or social sustainability
- We advise our guests not to touch, take, or otherwise disturb the coral reef or its inhabitants during pre-snorkel briefings. Our snorkel guide also collects and properly disposes of any garbage found on the reef.
- We have 150 watts of solar panels to charge our batteries, and as a sailing charter company, our boat is propelled by the wind (the original solar power!) and we limit use of our diesel engines to the bare minimum.
- There are no single-use plastic items for food and beverage consumption on our boat. We use metal utensils, and melamine dishes, drinking glasses and serving platters, and no straws whatsoever.
- We promote reef safe, mineral-based sunscreens and sun shirts / rash guards to all our guests at the time of booking.
- We chill 5 gallon containers of purified drinking water for our guests vs stocking bottled water.
- We have installed automatic shut-off taps in the bathroom sinks.
- We minimize the use of plastic and canned beverages by only serving returnable bottles of local beers and sodas.
- We do not fill our diesel tank over the water, which eliminates the risk of accidental spills.
Recreational Opportunities Available
Day Sail & Snorkel Charters to Port Royal & Cayos Cochinos.
Sunset Sail & Snorkel to West Bay Beach.
Celebrating a Special Occasion? Book privately to customize your charter!
Minimum 6 guests required to set sail (unless you book a private charter)/Maximum capacity 14 guests.
ALWAYS INCLUDED: high quality snorkel equipment and guided tours, BBQ lunch spread with mouth-watering sides freshly prepared at sea, snacks served throughout the day, unlimited cold beverages, and our 4-person crew, ready to serve you.
9:00am - 6:00pm
Pricing is based on the itinerary you select. Please refer to our website for more information.