The Utila Lodge Resort opened its doors in 1993 after Jim and Kisty Engel fell in love with the island and decided to share their love with visitors. Ever since the Utila Lodge has been welcoming guests looking for adventure, and to be immersed in nature. Whether a tranquil getaway or an adventure vacation, the Utila Lodge Resort will provide a perfect escape!
Specialities and Highlights
We offer all inclusive dive packages so you can enjoy the best Utila has to offer, without having to worry about any of the planning!
In addition to diving, there are various activities we can help to organize for your enjoyment. We can offer the following:
- Bird watching
- Flats & deep sea fishing
- Horseback trails
- Whale shark excursions
- Spelunking a fresh water cave
- Exploring the back country by ATV
- Cruising on a sunset sail
- Snorkeling off an uninhabited cay
Price Style for this Establishment
Visit our website for specific pricing on packages for divers and non divers!
Actions taken to promote environmental or social sustainability
- Utila Lodge is committed to offering their guests only the best and most sustainable seafood. We purchase the seafood directly from the fishermen thus ensuring the quality and legal fishing methods are being followed.
- All of our Staff at all levels receive environmental training so they too can be active players in the preservation of Utila's natural resources.
- We are partners with the Whale Shark and Oceanic Research Center, which regularly offer presentations and workshops on important marine subjects.
- Utila Lodge is committed to saving water and electricity, and we are always innovating with the help of new technologies that help us do so!