The Mariposa Lodge is a delightful 7 room hotel situated 100 meters from the beach in the very center of West End, on the Caribbean island of Roatan, Honduras. The Mariposa Lodge is nestled on a knoll surrounded by tropical gardens, just a few minutes’ walk from dive shops,restaurants, and local artisan’s shops. Ceiling fans, tropical breezes and spacious decks add comfort and enjoyment to your time in the Bay Islands.
Specialities and Highlights
Our location in the West End Village, just steps away from the beautiful beaches, means you have to walk a mere one hundred meters to the start of your scuba diving experience.And what an experience that diving will be. There are more than thirty absolutely stunning dive sites between the western tip of the island and Spooky Channel that are literally minutes away by boat. Each site can be done dozens of times at varying depths without ever feeling you’ve seen it all. With the variety of dive options from cavern to wreck diving, exploring your personnel depth limits, increasing your training or just watching fish. West End has it all.
Office Hours are roughly 8:00am to 8:00pm but there is always someone on site to assist with any need.
The Mariposa Lodge is closed May, June and July, for upgrades, repairs and personal travel.
Price Style for this Establishment
- Moderate price range starting from USD $65.00 room per night per couple.
- Dive and Stay packages starting at USD $549.00 per person
All prices include complementary coffee, unlimited free drinking water, and low impact hygiene products.Our kitchens are equipped with a small fridge, microwave, coffee makers and toasters, as well as pots, dishes and cutlery necessary to prepare a simple meal.
Split system super efficient Air Conditioning is provided, as well as Cable TV, Island WiFi and a large selection of books, DVD's and games.
Actions taken to promote environmental or social sustainability
Corporate policy encompasses environmental business practices that include:
- Low volume toilets and showers.
- On demand water heaters.
- LED light bulbs, and energy efficient appliances.
- A paperless office environment.
- A conservative customer driven sheet and towel change practice to reduce laundry, coupled with line drying, weather permitting, to save electricity.
- We encourage clients to conserve water and electricity, as well as providing recycling bins and reusable shopping / beach bags for their stay.
- Where practical and available we also chose environmentally friendly cleaners.