Island House Vacation Rentals offer privately owned homes for rental on Roatan. The majority of our homes are in the West Bay area, we manage many different private residences from beach cottages, to condo's and from hill top homes to large waterfront villa's.
Specialities and Highlights
One of the things that makes Island House so unique, and something we pride ourselves on, is the personal service we offer to all our clients, whether they are vacationers or our home owners. Each area of the business is given the same individual attention so whether you are a guest checking in, or a client overseas with a house on Roatan, you will always be able to speak to someone who knows exactly who you are and what the status is of your reservation or property.
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am to 12:00pm.
Island House is open for rental and property management and maintenance business 365 days a year.
Price Style for this Establishment
USD $100.00 - USD $600.00 per night.
Actions taken to promote environmental or social sustainability
We are extremely keen to help our guests understand that our natural resources are scarce, so we encourage them to do what they can to reduce their use of water and electricity in order to protect our fragile natural resources, including the following measures:
- All our homes feature environmental messages in literature we enclose in our "Welcome Books". There are also reminders on light/fan switches to turn them off when not in use.
- We are proud Silver Members of the Roatan Marine Park - RMP (a local conservation NGO) and are active in RMP initiatives. All homes feature literature on RMP regulations on how to protect our reefs and marine environment.
- We teach our housekeeping staff to use environmentally friendly, alternative cleaning solutions such as lemon juice, baking soda and vinegar in place of chemical detergents.
- Where practical, we buy local, purchasing locally made products such as hammocks, house monger products, Honduran coffee, local coconut bread, cake, and flowers from Blue Harbor.
- We also promote and display paintings and art pieces from local artists such as "Rusty Fish".
- We hire locals, with 24 of the 25 employees being Honduran, four of them in managerial positions. We also work almost exclusively with Honduran contractors for electrical maintenance, furniture making, and local seamstress for all our fabric repairs.
- We also helped organize and contribute to the educational sponsorship of two children of Island House employees at ESBIR.
- Island House is a firm advocate of SOL International Foundation and throughout the year arranges, with the approval and blessing of the homeowners, that vacation rental time in some of our houses is available as raffle prizes.
- We also make sure our guests are aware of any local charitable events scheduled during their stay and encourage their participation in community awareness.